(by Cara Lee)
2. Participate in school-sponsored activities.
3. Study about other cultures.
4. Attend specialized classes during summer vacation.
5. Read newspapers and news magazines regularly or listen to television and radio newscasts to become acquainted with current events.
6. Make a list of enjoyable books; then read them.
7. Read a book and give a review of it.
8. Read from a good book every day.
9. Participate in a Current Events Achievement Day.
10. Visit City Library
11. Learn a new skill such as leading music
12. Read a book to a younger child
13. Have guest speakers come & talk about their professions
14. Improve grades in one subject
15. Go to work with a parent for a few hours
16. Get a book at the library that everyone reads and discusses together