(adpted after an ideas by Shirley, CA)
This activity is based on FRIEND. It contains: message, activity, songs and so on.
Intro: Bishop talks to the children.
(this being the spiritual part)
The bishop will tell about his childhood and events that have strengthen his
Divide the children in 6 ”groups” they go to these stations:
(each about 20 min)
1. Station: Kitchen class:
- Primary leader and a teacher help the
children to make a recipe from FRIEND
2. Station : ”Tell a story”:
- 2nd. Counselor will tell a story from FRIEND.
- If the children are divided after age, have pictures that the younger children can hold while you are telling their part. The children will be seated on the floor in a semicircle.
- The older children can role-play the story.
3. Station: ”craft class”
- The Secretary and a teacher had this class.
4. Station: ”I’m trying to be like Jesus”
- 1st. Counselor and a teacher had this class. If you do not know the children very
well, make sure to inform their parents about this activity beforehand. Let the parents tell you things like: their child's favorite color, primary song, subject in school, hero in Book of Mormon, how they have tried to follow Jesus.
- The children will be seated on the floor in a semicircle. Call on each
child and make a ”spotlight”.
5. Station: Song class:
- The song leader will get the last 20 min. She chooses a song of her choice. It can be a song for the
season or one from Sacrament Meeting Program.
6. Station: ”I can be a missionary”
- Write a letter to a missionary