to Leave your manual at home
Ways to leave the manual at home when you are
- Go over your manual on Sunday before the
lesson. This will help you gather ideas during the week and the things that
you may need to teach the lesson.
- Know your children so that you can decide
what or how you can teach them.(Family information, favorite colors, and
- If you are worried prepare sheets with the
songs, stories, or the activity verses. Put them on the opposite wall of
where you are sitting to teach the lesson so that your hands are free.
- Use music as crowd control...nothing
catches attention like a song out of nowhere.
- Let the children take part in the lesson.
Clear contact paper is just that. It makes everthing contact proof. The
children can handle things as you tell the stories.
- Always prepare several activities. The one
you think is perfect may not work. Then what will you do? Put it up and
bring it back at a later date. Chances are it will work the second time out
and you are in control of what happens in your class.
- Love the children and know your calling is
from Heavenly Father. Pray for your children by name as you prepare your
- Know that the lesson is for them whom you