|Extra class time
(by Debbie M.)
When I had extra time at the end of a lesson when I taught, I........
- Kept an oatmeal container of Church trivia, & a container of stickers. We would either divide into teams, or just go around the class one at a time, etc. People who got right answers got stickers, those who didn't gained greater knowledge of the Church.
- Had each of the kids think of three things they were grateful for that week, & then ask them to share these things with the class, if they wanted to. (Some things were too personal...)
- Had each of them think of one or two things that they could do for each member of their family during the coming week.
- Had each of them report how their family "good deeds" went that they'd planned from the week before.
- If worse came to absolute worse, we would play hangman, but it had to be truly Church-related. (Examples: "Spencer W. Kimball", "Young Women Rule", "Choose the Right", "Cub Scouts are Number One", "I am going to be married in the temple.", etc.)