Belong to The Church of Jesus Christ
I have made black and white copies of page 33 of the Jan 2003 Friend which
has pictures for each line of the song.
Sharing Time- I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
I also have the same full size pictures (In order from the GAK
- I will sing the song one line at a time and hang up the picture for that
line on a chalkboard.
- After we sing it a few times through, I will remove the picture of the
line I think they sang the best (since they no longer need the help).
- Then we will sing it again.
- I will continue to remove the pictures until they are all gone.
- Then I will talk about all the I's and I'll's in the song and say this
song is talking about the things we can do to show we belong to Christ's
- We will sing and I will have them stand up each time we say I or I'll. (I
have also done this song with having them only say the I's or
I'll's and then with saying everything else but not the I's and I'll'
maybe I will do that later in the month) I will have them think about
what they do or can do to show they are members of the church (similar to
the ideas listed in the Friend) instead of drawing them on a stone, I have
cut construction paper into fourths and it fits as a cover on the booklet
for the song. I printed the title of the song on a label and put it on
the front (I assembled the booklets since they are a bit tricky. I
stapled the cover on )
- The children will draw a picture of themselves that show their membership
on the cover. It's pretty much what the Friend said to do, but with
something for the kids to take home.
- Many of our children don't get the Friend and many others have 4-6
children in their family so they wouldn't get to have their own little