(combined auxiliary workshop)
(by Ann Hunting, UT)
Family Home Evening: lt's All About Love
- Moses 5:12
- Deuteronomy 6 :6-7
- 1 Nephi 1:1
- D&C 68 :28
- Teachings of the Presidents of the Chunch: Joseph
F. Smith (I998), 347-348
"If there is anything needed among the people today. .. it is that we
shall honor home evening; . . . if we do that, we have been promised that
the Lord will add his blessing" (George Albert Smith, Conference Report,
April 1927, 87).
"I am grateful and pleased that so many are responding to our program
for the family home eveniNg, in which p>arents gather their children
around them and instruct them" (David O. McKay, Improvement Era,
"Family home evenings can be a source of long-lasting joy and influence
(Joseph Fielding Smith, Family Home Evening Manual, 1970, Introductory
letter). . Harold B. Lee, Teachings of Harold B. Lee [J 996], 265 .Gordon B.
Hinckley, Ensign, May 1993, 54
- 3 Nephi 10:6
- Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, February 200B, 73
- Teaching, No Greater Call, 158-184
- "I Love Mother" Children's Songbook, 198
Church Magazine Helps:
- Friend: Family home evening logo throughout;
"Guide to the Friend" .
- New Era: "What's in it For You"
- Ensign: "Random Sampler"
- Ensign: "Let's Talk About It" discussion
- Spencer W.Kimball, The Teachings of Spencer W.
Kimball, ed. Edward L. Kimball , 334-335
- L. Tom Perry, Church News, December 28,2002,4
- Pipe Chimes, Activity Book, 94
- "I Am Glad for Many Things" Children's
- Gene R. Cool, Raising Up a Family to The Lord
- "'I have no greater joy than to hear that my
children walk in truth' (3 John 1 :4)
- This will be your blessing (Gondon:8. .Hinckley,
Conference Report, October 1965,51).
- Harold B. Lee, Teachings of Harold B. Lee [11996},
- "If you have any doubt about the virtue
of family home evening,