Can Be a Heaven on Earth
I am drawing a bit of a blank of what has been suggested
for this song and the puzzle, but I wanted to share what our stake leader did
at our training.
She mounted the house on poster board and then cut it up
On another piece of white paper, she traced the puzzle pieces so the kids
would know where each piece will fit.
On the back of each puzzle piece, she placed visuals.
She displayed the puzzle pieces with the visuals showing.
As we learned the song and mastered a "piece of the
puzzle" she would call on one of us to turn the piece over and place it
where it belonged on the puzzle.
Once the song is mastered, the puzzle of the home is complete.
She gave us the visuals for all three verses! I am SO happy.
I will list the visual ideas for the first verse and if anyone wants the rest
of the ideas, let me know
Some of the puzzle pieces had more than one visual on it.
Make each piece a complete phrase.
- heart half filled with red marker
- happy face
- Christmas ornament with JOY written on it
- sun shining through clouds
- fire place
- nurse helping a patient
- a big safe
- picture of a home being built
- a finger pointing to the letter B
Verse 2 Visuals
- Drawing family near each week--family in a home
- We'll keep love burning bright--heart with a yellow
glow around it
- Serving him with cheerful hearts--heart with a smile on
- We'll grow in truth and light--women with her arm to
the square & light bulb
- Parents teach and lead the way--family in the garden
- Children honor and obey--kids hugging mom
- Reaching for our home in heaven--hand reaching for a
star & a home
- Where we want to stay--finger pointing & a hand
palm out (indicating STAY)
Verse 3 Visuals
- Praying daily in our home--family praying inside a home
- We'll feel His love divine--Jesus with chidren with a
heart around it
- Searching scripture faithfully--eye glasses & Book
- We'll nourish heart and mind--a heart and head
- Singing hymns of thanks, we'll say--children singing
with WIDE mouths (cute)
- "Father, help us find the way--path
- Leading to our home in heaven--stone path up to a house
- Where we long to stay--hand palm out (STAY,again)
All these images have been taken from an LDS clip art source. Not sure which
I realize these are not from a "church approved source."
I am sure it would be easy to search through church magazines to find these