did you learn in 2003
(Friend December 2003, suggestion # 1)
Use the song "The
Church of Jesus Christ" (p. 77) to review principles taught in 2003.
On pieces of paper, write phrases from the song.
As you display the papers one by one, have children stand
around the perimeter of the room and hold them.
Discuss some of the principles ~ for example:
- belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints means knowing that the Church was restored by Joseph Smith,
- who translated the Book of Mormon,
- and that we are led by a prophet today.
- Sing a song or hymn about the Restoration.
- Repeat the process for the other phrases on the papers.
Ask the other children to stand by one of the papers that
represents something they feel strongly about.
- Sing "The
Church of Jesus Christ," and have the children turn to face each
phrase as it is sung.
- Ask them to sing as if they were bearing their
testimonies to others about these truths.
- Repeat the process by having the children choose
Bear your own testimony.