am a child of God. He loves me, and I love Him.
(Friend Jan 2004, suggestion # 1)
Show the children a picture of a baby, or invite a new
mother and her baby to come and tell about the preparations for the baby's birth
(for example, family members were excited, bought a crib, got clothes ready,
prepared a room, knew they would love the baby).
Liken this to how Heavenly Father feels about all of us.
- He prepared this world for us to live in.
- He rejoices as we grow, learn, and make right choices
that will help us return to Him someday.
Share an example of how knowing that you are a child of
God has helped you to choose the right.
Prepare some case studies (see TNGC
161–62) that demonstrate that because I am a child of God I will
choose and act accordingly.
- Make cutouts of children from red, yellow, and blue
- As the children sing "I
Am a Child of God," let them pass along the cutouts.
- When the music stops, if they are holding a red child,
have them name one way they know Heavenly Father loves them; if holding a
yellow child, have them name one way they can show their love for Heavenly
Father; and if holding a blue child, have them resolve a case study you have
- Give each child a paper doll.
- Let them write one way they know they are children of
God and take it home to share with their families.