have a family here on earth
(Friend Feb. 2004, suggestion # 1)
Briefly tell the children about Heavenly Father's plan for
Heavenly Father blessed us with families to help us return to live with Him.
Give the children a copy of "The Family: A
Proclamation to the World."
Tell the children that it contains the Lord's teachings
regarding the family.
By following these teachings, we can strengthen and unify our families now and
prepare to live as eternal families.
- As you read the first paragraph of the proclamation,
have the children listen for what is at the center of His plan for His
children ("The family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal
destiny of His children").
- Read together the first two lines of paragraph 7
("The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is
essential to His eternal plan").
Help the children understand that "ordained of
God" means Heavenly Father designed marriage and family not just as an
earthly union, but one that will endure forever.
Write the words from these sentences on pieces of paper,
and cut out each word.
- On one side of the board, rearrange the words from
- On the other side, rearrange the words from paragraph
- Divide the children into two groups.
- Choose children to arrange the words in their correct
order as their group repeats the sentences out loud.
- Scramble the words again, and see if they can do it
without the groups repeating it.
- Encourage the children to keep their copies of the
proclamation in their scriptures to use throughout the year.
- Suggest that they read the proclamation with their
families in family home evening.