This is what I use when I am reviewing/teaching the
articles of faith to the kids.
- 1 God
- 2 people in the garden of Eden-Adam's
- 3 steps to the atonement - Birth, Crucifixion,
- 4 principles & ordinances - Faith, Repentance,
Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost
- 5 fingers on a hand - Laying on of hands
- 6 sides to a church (4 walls, floor,
ceiling)---organization of the church or there are 6 things listed----1.
Apostles, 2. Prophet, 3. Pastors, 4. Teachers, 5. Evangelists, 6. And so
forth (meaning more)
- 7 rhymes with heaven = gifts from heaven or there
are 7 things listed. 1. Tongues, 2. Prophecies, 3. Revelation, 4.
Visions, 5. Healing, 6. Interpretation of Tongues, 7. And so forth (meaning
- 8 is when you are baptized...I was given my
scriptures as a gift after I was baptized = Bible & Book of Mormon
- 9 rhymes with mine, when you mine diamonds or
gold you are looking for them to be revealed---We believe all that God
- 10 tribes
- 11 Odd number/Odd ball = We claim not we believe
- 12 inches in a ruler = We believe in being
subject to kings, presidents, RULERS...
- Longest one (Maybe use a "baker's
dozen"---there's one more)
It took me coming up with some of them to be able to
teach them, but the kids remember which ones they are because they have
something to relate them to.