Help the children memorize the eighth article of
faith by writing each phrase on a wordstrip.
As you sing "The
Eighth Article of Faith" (p. 127),
invite two children to put the wordstrips in order. Repeat the song,
removing a wordstrip each time until the children can sing it without
seeing the words.
- Hold up a copy of the Bible and explain that
the prophets of the Old and New Testaments teach of Jesus Christ.
- Hold up a copy of the Book of Mormon and
point out that the second part of its title is "Another Testament of
- Why? The prophets in the Book of Mormon also
teach us about Jesus Christ.
Play "Who Am I?" by dividing the children into
- Select one child from each group.
- On the back of each of the five children,
tape a piece of paper with the name of one of the following prophets
and a scripture reference of his testimony.
Nephi 31:20–21, King Benjamin—Mosiah
16:13, Samuel the Lamanite—Helaman
14:8, and Moroni—Moroni
- Ask the five children to wait outside the
- Give each of the five groups the name of one
of these prophets and let each group decide how to role-play a scene
from the prophet's life.
- Invite the five children back into the room.
- As each one comes to the front, have the
group assigned to the same prophet do the role play.
- The child tries to guess the prophet and asks
yes or no questions until he or she can correctly identify him.
- After each of the prophets has been
identified, let the children find and read that prophet's testimony
of Christ from the Book of Mormon.
Bear your testimony and teach that missionaries
use the Book of Mormon to teach of Jesus Christ.
Bring the World His Truth" (pp.