Jesus Christ atoned for my sins.
I can repent and live with Him and Heavenly Father again
2005, suggestion # 2)
Review the third article of faith with the children.
Help them understand the words atonement and laws and ordinances.
Explain that we remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ when we take the
sacrament each week.
The sacrament is an ordinance.
225 (The Last Supper).
- Help the children identify the people in the picture, and reinforce the role of
- Tell the story of the Last Supper from
315 (Christ Appears to the Nephites).
- Read or tell the account of Jesus giving the sacrament to the Nephites (see
3 Nephi 18).
- Repeat with the children the last line from verse 7 ("And
if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you").
604 or some sacrament bread and water trays.
- Teach that when we take the sacrament, we promise to
"always remember" Jesus.
- Sing "To
Think about Jesus" (p. 71).
One way to remember Jesus during the sacrament is to think
about the stories we know about Him.
Have the children sit in a circle.
- Choose several pictures from the GAK that depict
stories from the life of Jesus.
- Put them facedown in a pile.
- Pass a beanbag or an
appropriate object around the circle while the pianist plays "Tell
Me the Stories of Jesus" (p. 57).
- When the music stops, have the child with the beanbag
choose a picture from the pile.
- The child can either tell the story or choose one or
two other children to help him or her role-play the story.
- Give help as necessary, and repeat as time permits.