(by Christal Nay)
We had door to door trick or treating in the church
house. It was literally thrown together in just over a week or so. I just
called people and asked them if they could be in charge of a booth or table. We
had all kinds of fun things.
- Bean bag toss
- Cupcake walk (which provided background music)
- Mini bowling
- Fish Pond (fishing pole with magnets trying to
pick up floating rubber duckies in a small pool)
- Fishing Booth (behind the curtain)
- 1 craft table making Halloween necklaces with
beads and pictures
- 1 craft table making 'ghosts' out of kleenex and
- A life sized felt Goliath w/ a target to throw
Velcro balls at
- A guessing table with multiple jars full of candy
(if you guessed closest to actual amount you won the candy)
- A ring toss
- A plastic horseshoe toss
We started off with an opening prayer and then started
- At each station the kids got a few pieces of
candy or small prize (we had the families provide these - the Primary
pitched in a little for extra candy).
- They could go as many times as they wanted to
- We set a 45 minute time limit on it. After 45
minutes (which was PLENTY of time) we gathered the kids together and
handed out the prizes to the winners of the candy guessing game. This
gave the people who had decorated classrooms time to go get ready behind
- Then we had the kids say thank you to all the
parents and we sat on the floor and had a closing prayer.
THEN we turned them loose to their parents and had trick
or treating around the doors of the church house.
We had people that decorated classrooms elaborately and others that just
stood behind the doors and handed out candy.
During the carnival I ran around and put "KNOCK HERE" signs on all the doors
that had people behind them.
And when I didn't feel like we had enough doors with people behind them I
handed the missionaries a bowl or 2 and assigned them to a door.
Trick or treating took all of 15- 20 minutes and it was over.
While they were trick or treating we were cleaning up the cultural hall. We
started the party at 7 and were out of the wardhouse by about 8:30.