Noah’s family was
through their obedience.
Friend Aug 2006, suggestion #
- Draw a simple game board on the chalkboard with the
beginning space in the bottom left corner and the finish space in the upper
- Draw a water line just below the finish square.
- Use a cutout of Noah's ark as a marker.
- Place it in the beginning space below the water.
- Explain that the object of the game is to get the ark
out of the water.
- Position various animal cutouts around the room.
On the backs of the cutouts write a 1, 2, or the name of
one of the songs from the Children's Songbook listed under "Obedience" (see
- Retell the story of Noah (see
Genesis 6–8). Emphasize that Noah's family was blessed because of their
- Invite the children to take turns finding an animal.
If a song is listed on the back, have
the children sing the song, place the animal in the ark, and move the marker
If a 1 or a 2 is selected, have the child share
something our modern prophets have asked us to do, such as pay tithing, keep
a journal, or read our scriptures daily.
- The child then places the animal on the ark and moves
the marker the designated number of spaces. When the ark is out of the water,
sing the third verse of "Follow
the Prophet" (pp.110–11).
Explain that we and our families will be blessed when we follow our own
Sing the ninth verse of "Follow