Follow the prophet, Sr.
I based my sharing time on the
Follow the Prophet song. I found a wonderful idea from a music site where they
made a board out of cardboard with eight holes in it.
Cover the holes with tissue paper. Tape a cup behind each hole and put a clue
inside each cup.
The children will push their hands through the tissue into the cup to get a clue
about a prophet.
The clues inside each cup for each prophet are as follows:
Adam: tiny plastic fruit or a picture of a fruit to represent the forbidden
Enoch: Tiny picture of a city to represent the whole city being translated
Noah: tiny ark or picture of ark, or tiny plastic animal
Abraham: tiny star or picture of lots of stars
Moses: tiny picture of Egyptian
Samuel: tiny plastic toddler or picture of three or four year old
Jonah: tiny whale
Daniel: tiny lion
Now choose a child to pick a
hole and push his hand through to get the clue, once he has the clue he has to
try to figure out which prophet this clue represents, his friends can help him.
I’m going to have pictures tacked up on
corkboard of each of the eight prophets and when a child pushes his hand
through the hole and gets the clue they will have to decide which of the
pictures of the prophets goes with the clue.
Once we figure out which
prophet, I will tack up a sheet of paper with a couple fill-in-the blank
We will go over the questions together and answer them.
have the scripture references there for them so they can quickly look up
answers using their scriptures.
Then they will sing that verse of the
the Prophet song.
I kind of based my questions on the verse of the song
that they would understand the meaning behind the verses more.
Here are my questions:
- Why did Adam offer sacrifices to the Lord? (he didn’t know why, he just
it) Moses 5:6
- Something fell on Adam that helped him to prophesy and bless his family
the knowledge of the Lord (the Holy Ghost) Moses 5:9
- How did Enoch respond when the Lord told him to go and tell the people
they had to change their ways and go back to living the laws of the
(he felt like he couldn’t speak well enough to do the job) Moses 6:31
- Did Enoch see anything special? (Yes, he had a vision Moses 6:42)
- Moses 7:13 Did Enoch’s speech get better? (yes, he could move
- What was the name of Enoch’s city? (7:19 Zion)
- What happened to the city? 7:23
- Enoch taught them about the original gospel that Adam had taught, he
with such power that they believed him. He taught them about Jesus and
- Who wanted to kill Noah in Moses 8:18? (giants)( just a kind of an
- What did the Lord tell Noah to preach to the people? Moses 8:24? (believe
and be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost)
- What was wrong with the earth? (Moses 8:28) (it was filled with
- What did Abraham want more than anything? (Genesis 15:3) (a child)
- What was the name of Abraham’s son? (Genesis 21:3) (Isaac)
- Who was Isaac’s covenant son? (Jacob) (genesis 25:33
- What did Jacob’s name become? (Geneses 32:28) (Israel)
- When the Israelites were traveling in the wilderness, where was their
of whorship? (the tabernacle
- How long were the Israelites in the wilderness (40 years)
- What did Hannah Samuel’s mother promise in the temple? (if the Lord
give her a child she would offer her child to the lord) Samuel 1:11
- What did Samuel say when the Lord called him? (speak Lord for thy
heareth Samuel 3:10)
- What did the Lord want Jonah to do? (go to the city Ninevah and tell
them to repent)
- Where did Jonah go instead of going to Ninevah? (he got on a boat
was going to Tarshish)
- When Jonah went to the city to tell them they would be destroyed if
did not repent and stop their wickedness, what happened? (they repented)
- Jonah 3:5
- The Lord’s promises were true, Jonah’s words were true, the city did
and the wickedness stopped.
- King Darius sent out a decree saying you could not do something, what
it? (you could not pray to God Daniel 6:7)
- Did Daniel obey that decree? (no)
- Daniel was put into the den of lions, why didn’t the lions eat Daniel?
(Daniel 6:22 the Lord sent an angel to shut the lion’s mouths)