Display a poster of the Ten Commandments,
or list them on the chalkboard (see
- On 20 pieces of paper write the numbers 1
through 10 twice ~ one number per paper.
- Place them in scattered order facedown on the
- Working in pairs (a younger child with an
older child), play a matching game by having the younger child toss
a beanbag on a paper.
- Turn the paper over, and have the older child
toss a beanbag on another paper. If that paper matches the first
number, remove those papers and have the children recite the
commandment out loud and show or tell a way we can keep that
- If there is no match, turn both papers back
over and give the next pair a turn.
- Continue until all of the commandments have
Use a personal experience to explain how you have
been blessed by obeying a commandment.
the Commandments" (pp. 146–47).