My Gospel standards
Friend June 2006, suggestion
Explain that My Gospel Standards help us choose the right
and keep Heavenly Father's commandments.
On the chalkboard display the My Gospel Standards poster
or list them on the blackboard (found on the back cover of the Faith in God
Write on slips of paper these scripture references
containing commandments that match My Gospel Standards:
Articles of Faith 1:13,
Ask a child to choose one slip of paper and read the
- Have all the children look up the scripture.
- Ask which commandment is contained in the scripture.
- Have the children in the class of the child who chose
the slip of paper match the commandment to a standard.
- Ask another class how we are blessed when we live the
- Repeat with each of the slips of paper as time allows.
- Sing "Dare
to Do Right" (p. 158) or "Keep
the Commandments" (pp. 146–47).
Testify of the blessings that come from being obedient to
Heavenly Father's commandments.
For younger children:
- Prepare five or six slips of paper with one of My
Gospel Standards written on each one.
- Have a child draw a slip of paper out of a basket and
act out how to keep that standard.
- Have that child lead the other
children in acting out the standard as they all sing "Dare
to Do Right" (p. 158).
- Teach the children that My Gospel Standards help us
choose the right