I will keep the
commandments and live now to be worthy to go to the temple
Friend March. 2007, suggestion # 4
Invite the bishop or branch president to talk about
preparing for the temple.
- Have him show the children his driver's license. (Any
kind of license, such as a fishing license or a marriage license, would also
- Have him tell the requirements he had to meet to get
it. Then have him show his temple recommend.
- Ask him to tell the children some of the things they
need to do to get a temple recommend.
Prepare slips of paper on which you write gospel
principles one needs to live to go to the temple, and a number of steps. For
example: "You keep the Word of Wisdom—advance 2 steps."
Place a picture of a temple on each wall of the Primary
room. The Church has temples all over the world, and today you have temples all
around the room.
- Have four children begin in the center of the room,
and have each one move toward a different temple by pulling a slip of paper
out of an envelope, reading the principle, and moving the number of steps it
(Clarify that this is not a competition. You want all four of the
children to reach the temple, and it doesn't matter how fast they get there.)
- When each child reaches the temple, have him or her
look on the back of the picture for the name of a song.
- Use the four songs listed in the Children's
Songbook index under "Temples."
- Sing the song, and continue the
After you have sung all of the songs, bear witness that
the temple is the Lord's house and that we receive great peace when we go there.
Encourage the children to live worthy.