Every Christmas season our eyes grow strangely dim when all the little children sing a song. Our thoughts are turned to Him.
When I think of Baby Jesus
Sleeping in the hay,
I think of angels in heaven twinkling,
Of shepherds, Wise Men hasting
To give thanks for Christmas Day.
SONG: Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby (CS, p. 48---1st verse)
1. And now it came to pass that Samuel, the Lamanite did prophesy a great many more things which cannot be written.
2. And, behold, he said unto them: Behold, I give unto you, a sign, for five years more cometh, and behold, then cometh the Son of God to redeem all those who shall believe on his name.
3. And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of this coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in
the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was a day.
4. Therefore, there shall be one day and a night and a day, as if it were one day and there were no night; and this shall be unto you for a sign; for
ye shall know of the rising of the sun and also of its setting; therefore they shall know of a surety that there shall be two days and a night;
nevertheless the night shall not be darkened; and it shall be the night before he is born.
5. And behold, there shall a new star arise, such as one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
6. And behold this is not all, there shall be many signs and wonders in heaven.
7. And it shall come to pass that whosoever shall believe in the Son of God, the same shall have everlasting life.
SONG: Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus (CS, p. 36---1st verse)
"And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed..."And all went to be taxed, everyone into his own city." "And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem..."To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child."
SONG: When Joseph Went To Bethlehem (CS, p. 38)
"And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered." And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."
SONG: Away In A Manger (CS, p. 42---1st verse)
"And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known to us." "And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger." "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the East to Jerusalem..." "And, lo, the star, which they saw in the East, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was." "When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. "And when they were coming into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold; and frankincense, and myrrh."
SONG: Stars were Gleaming (CS, p. 37)
These earthly treasures were gifts fit for a king. Yet Jesus' own gift was the greatest gift of all. He brought eternal life. Let our thoughts be upon
Him at this time of year so that we may learn of Him and follow in his footsteps.
SONG: Picture a Christmas (CS, p. 50)