These are questions designed to make journal keeping easier. Just pull out a slip of paper with a question each night and answer it in your journal
1. Who are some of my favorite people?
2. Who am I closest to in my immediate family? How did our
3. What are my goals and dreams?
4. What do I look like?
5. Who is my best friend? What is she/he like?
6. Who are some of my "school friends"?
7. Have I ever learned something from being in an argument with
someone? If yes, what?
8. What is the most valuable principle I've learned through my
experiences with others?
9. What is my most embarrassing moment?
10. When was I the most proud of myself?
11. When were my parents most proud of me?
12. Have I ever stood up for what I believe, even when it was very
13. What are some of my jobs at home?
14. What does my bedroom look like? Do I share a room? Am I
comfortable in my room? What do I like best about my room?
15. Have I ever written a story, poem, or song I would like to add
to my journal?
16. Who are my church leaders?
17. Who's my favorite schoolteacher? Why?
18. What do I think of myself?
19. Am I pleased with what I look like? If I could change any part
of myself what would it be?
20. What is the weirdest dream I've ever had?
21. Do I like school? Why?
22. What's my best subject in school?
23. What's my least favorite subject in school?
24. Am I involved in any clubs or extra-curricular activities?
(Sports, dance, choir, etc.)
25. Who is the prophet of the church right now? What am I learning
26. What are some events that are happening in the world right now?
(Include newspaper clippings).
27. Who is my favorite General Authority speaker? Why?
28. What has been a General Conference talk that has had an impact
29. Describe a time when I felt the spirit very strongly.
30. What is my seminary class like? Who's in it? Who's my teacher?
What's my favorite thing about my teacher? What am I studying this year?
Do I enjoy it? Does the spirit thrive there?
31. What is my most favorite thing to do at home?
32. What's my most favorite movie, book, poem or song?
33. What are some of my talents?
34. Do I enjoy my everyday life? What's it like?
35. What's my favorite Christmas memory?
36. What's my favorite Christmas present I remember getting?
37. What are my favorite family holiday traditions?
38. Do I have a testimony? Write it down.
39. Where is my most favorite place to go, what is it like?
40. Have I ever had a "crush" on someone? Who, and do I still like
him now? Describe him, and what attracts you to him.
41. Do I have a favorite sport, talent, etc.?
42. Describe each member of my family in my journal.
43. What's the best thing I've ever done with my life?
44. What is my favorite area in nature?
45. What pets have I had? Which one was my favorite?
46. What is my full name and who am I named after? If I could change
it, what would I call myself?
47. What is my favorite scripture and what thoughts or feelings does
48. Has anything major happened since the last time I wrote in my
49. If I've received my patriarchal blessing, what is the most
significant part to me?
50. Describe a time when I lost myself in the service of someone
else. How did it feel?
51. Who are my Young Women teachers right now and how have they
taught me the values?
52. What is my favorite food? When I cook for my family, what do I
enjoy making most?
53. What childhood experiences do I remember, (funny stories,
accidents, memories playing, etc.)?
54. What's my favorite music group? Why?
55. What's my favorite movie?
56. What's my favorite book in the scriptures? Why?
57. What has been my favorite Young Women's Mutual Night Activity?
58. What callings have I served in? How did I grow spiritually by
59. What's my home life like? How could I improve or strengthen it?
60. What are my goals for the future?
61. What do I want to do after I get out of school?
62. What talents do I have that I want to strengthen?
63. What challenge or trial do I really want to overcome? How am I
going to do it?
64. What is my favorite Young Women Value? Why?
65. Am I a good communicator? How can I improve this?
66. Am I a good listener? How can I improve this?
67. Am I a forgiving person? Is there anyone I need to forgive and
what's the game plan?
68. Am I a good friend to other people? If so, how? If not, what can
I do to improve this?
69. What can I do to strengthen my testimony?
70. Did I have a blanket or a favorite toy growing up?
71. What was my favorite birthday? What was the best birthday gift I
72. Describe my first driving experience.
73. Write about feeling loved and by whom.
74. Write about something or someone in your life that helped to
grown and change.
75. Write about having to apologize to someone and patch things up.
76. What are the things I love and admire about my mother?
77. What are the things I love and admire about my father?
78. What are my relationships like with my brothers/sisters?
79. What was I interested in when I was a child? (Barbie, My Little
80. Who was my favorite elementary school teacher?
81. Who is/was my favorite junior high teacher?
82. Who is/was my favorite high school teacher?
83. What has been my favorite family vacation? Why?
84. What do I know about my grandfathers?
85. What do I know about my grandmothers?
86. Am I close to any aunts, uncles or cousins?
87. Have I ever done baptisms for the dead? What did I think and
feel about it?
88. Describe your favorite summer activities.
89. Describe your favorite winter activities.
90. What qualities do I want in a husband/wife?
91. What kind of mother/wife do I want to be?
92. Do I have any favorite names picked for my future children?
93. If I could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?
94. If I could have anything I wanted out of life, what would it be?
95. What do I know about my Savior? What
are feelings about Him?
96. What are my goals for making it back to live with my Father in
97. Write about something you are grateful for.
98. Write your feelings about the scriptures.
99. Write about how a prayer was answered.
100. Write about something that drives you batty.
101. Write about how you feel about your country or serving your
102. Write about something you are grateful for.
103. Write your feelings about the scriptures.
104. Write about how a prayer was answered.
105. Write about what you like to read. What's your favorite book?
106. Write about your favorite kinds of movies to see. What are you
107. Write about receiving a long awaited letter.
108. Write about your favorite job.
109. Write about your least favorite job.
110. Write about getting your mission call.
111. Write about your M.T.C. experience.
112. Write about your mission president and your companions.
113. Write about some of your favorite mission memories.
114. Write about the best year you ever had.
115. Write about your favorite teacher.
116. Write about your favorite school memories (elementary, jr. high,
sr. high, college, etc.)
117. Write about something that drives you batty.